GovJobHub.org - Todays job recruitment is very competitive, that is why you need to work wisely and it is not a hard thing to do. GovJobHub.org will give you opportunity to do it so you would be able to make the right decision in better strategy to get quick and better result. That way you will get better prospect and safer live in the future. The Animal Foundation is one of the companies that you can trust to give you and your family suitable and better live in the future. Joining this company will make you able to reach your goal easier and make your dream come true.
To make the company vision and mission comes true; The Animal Foundation is open for new position as Animal Adoption Counselor in Las Vegas, NV start from April 2017. Everyone whoâ€™s interested in filling this vacant, please participate in this Animal Adoption Counselor April 2017 recruitment in Las Vegas, NV. It is advised for all participants to prepare all necessary requirements for this job recruitment procedure, as the process will need you to give suitable specification that the company wants for this position. If you feel that you are the one that can fill the specification, you can try to read further information on Animal Adoption Counselor April 2017 in Las Vegas, NV below.
The Animal Foundation Recruitment - April 2017 Animal Adoption Counselor (Las Vegas, NV)
Provides an exceptional customer service experience for all patrons of The Animal Foundation (TAF). Assists in finding quality, caring homes for adoption animals based upon information obtained through discussion and interview of potential adopters. This position will require rotation between main campus, offsite events and other offsite adoption centers that exist, as required. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in the day-to-day operation of the Adoption Department. Includes answering the telephones, inputting animal data into computer and such other clerical duties as may be assigned.
• Maintains adoption areas in a clean, neat and orderly fashion at all times.
• Meets and greets visitors and/or customers in a courteous and professional manner.
• Directs and accompanies prospective adopters to all areas.
• Interviews prospective adopters to match the appropriate animal to the adopter(s) and educates
them on proper care of that species in general.
• Process adoptions in the Chameleon system.
• Explains animal return and refund policy while processing each adoption.
• Maintains all adoption records and paperwork in neat orderly fashion.
• Moves adopted unaltered animals to the clinic.
• Collects adoptions fees, issues receipts for the collection of fees and maintains records of adoption
• Informs customers of medical treatment the animals have received: i.e., shots, deworming, spay or
neuter surgery, etc. and educates them on necessary future veterinary care.
• Describes the foundation’s policy on microchipping, vaccinations, spay and neuter, and the local
government spay and neuter law.
• Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
• Composes correspondence and other documents; performs clerical duties to support the operations
of the department(s).
• Provides information and assistance to internal and external customers as required.
• Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the department’s service to its customers by
offering suggestions and participating as an active team member.
• Prepares food and feeds animals regularly. Assures animals have water at all times.
• Properly cleans and disinfects all kennels and adoption areas throughout the hours of operation in
adoption centers when no animal care attendants are on duty.
• Provides constant monitoring and basic medical care as directed by a veterinary care professional
• Insures that all necessary forms, rabies and license tags, brochures and information packets are
available and in adequate supply.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Equivalent to a High School diploma.
• One (1) year of demonstrated customer service experience.
License & Certification Requirements: Some positions may require incumbent to be at least 21 years of age, and possess and maintain a valid Class C Nevada Driver License. For these positions, incumbents under age 25 must possess and maintain a clean driving record, and be licensed for at least three years prior. Those over age 25 must possess and maintain a safe driving record that will allow for acceptable insurance risk to the Foundation. Required Knowledge and Skills: Knowledge of:
• Principles and practices of customer service.
• Basic interviewing techniques.
• Standard office administrative practices and procedures, including record keeping systems and the
operation of office equipment, computers, and associated software.
• Basic knowledge of animal health, nutrition, and humane care.
• Basic knowledge of animal breeds and characteristics.
• Techniques for dealing effectively with co-workers and the public, in person and over the telephone.
• Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation. Bilingual preferred.
• Gathering and compiling information; preparing accurate reports and summaries.
• Dealing tactfully and effectively with staff, volunteers and the general public.
• Use of business software and associated computer hardware.
• Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
• Working without close supervision in standard work situations.
• Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
• Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence, instructions and other written materials.
• Communicating, relating and interacting with a variety of individuals from various socioeconomic,
ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone, often where relations may be confrontational or strained.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort: Physical ability and mobility to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Strength to lift and/or move materials weighing up to 25 pounds frequently, 50 pounds occasionally. Vision to read printed materials. Stamina to sit and work with computer for an extended period of time. Hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone. Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation. Job incumbent is continuously exposed to animals, animal waste, potentially harming cleaning chemicals, high noise and potentially hazardous conditions, including the risk of animal bites and frequently work
outdoors for extended periods of time while exposed to cold and extremely hot temperatures. All TAF employees work in a culture of continuous improvement and are expected to support our mission. Employees must be able to clearly articulate our goals, actively participate in outstanding customer service, and accept responsibility for maintaining our culture of philanthropy. This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work expected of this position. This description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive listing or description of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of incumbents in the job. Regular work schedule may include Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. If you meet the minimum qualifications for education and/or experience described above, you are encouraged to fill out an online application. For unpaid or volunteer opportunities, please visit our website. This job is open until filled. After it’s filled, we may continue to accept applications, to establish a list for future vacancies. Pay and Benefits:
Fair pay and good benefits, including employer contribution to health insurance, and paid time off for full time employees. All jobs are regular full time, unless noted otherwise. Our Summary of Benefits may be found here. Additional benefits are available for certain positions. About Us:
The Animal Foundation is a private, non-profit agency dedicated to making a difference in the lives of animals in the Las Vegas Valley. To promote the humane treatment of animals, The Animal Foundation operates Nevada’s largest open-admission shelter (Lied Animal Shelter), taking in approximately 30,000 lost, unwanted and abandoned pets every year. Additionally, the Foundation offers adoption services, lost and found services, volunteer and foster opportunities, and low-cost spay and neuter and vaccination clinics. To learn more about The Animal Foundation, the jobs available, and an online application form, visit animalfoundation.com/employment. We envision a humane and compassionate community for all animals. Our mission is save the lives of all healthy and treatable animals in the Las Vegas Valley.
As one of the leading company in Las Vegas, NV, The Animal Foundation opens a variety of opportunities for employees to grow and make them as future leaders of the professional and disciplined. The Animal Foundation also offers a dynamic work environment in order to encourage employees to contribute optimally, and at the same time is able to learn new skills and knowledge through the company program.
The above information may have been invalid or not applicable. First check to the company concerned about the information above before applying. Never give money for any reason related to the job. If you find a job that was allegedly a fraud, immediately report the above information via this link. We are not responsible for all the information on this website. All information is automatically displayed from Indeed.com.
If you are interested and qualified to follow the job recruitment, you have to prepare yourself and send your application letter immediately. Only candidates who meet the criteria for Animal Adoption Counselor in Las Vegas, NV, Las Vegas, NV who will be called to attend interview. If you still do not satisfy with our job recruitment information above, you can try to read other job recruitment information that we provide in our website which still located in Las Vegas, NV region from any other company. You can also try to find other job recruitment information for Animal Adoption Counselor di Las Vegas, NV below.