GovJobHub.org - Todays job recruitment is very competitive, that is why you need to work wisely and it is not a hard thing to do. GovJobHub.org will give you opportunity to do it so you would be able to make the right decision in better strategy to get quick and better result. That way you will get better prospect and safer live in the future. Las Ventanas is one of the companies that you can trust to give you and your family suitable and better live in the future. Joining this company will make you able to reach your goal easier and make your dream come true.
To make the company vision and mission comes true; Las Ventanas is open for new position as Resident Assistant/Best Friend in Las Vegas, NV start from March 2017. Everyone whoâ€™s interested in filling this vacant, please participate in this Resident Assistant/Best Friend March 2017 recruitment in Las Vegas, NV. It is advised for all participants to prepare all necessary requirements for this job recruitment procedure, as the process will need you to give suitable specification that the company wants for this position. If you feel that you are the one that can fill the specification, you can try to read further information on Resident Assistant/Best Friend March 2017 in Las Vegas, NV below.
Las Ventanas Recruitment - March 2017 Resident Assistant/Best Friend (Las Vegas, NV)
Under general supervision, actively incorporates “The Best Friends Model” and Las Ventanas’ Philosophy for Memory Support and the CARF/CCAC Dementia Care Standards into the daily rhythm of life of residents with dementia. Develops awareness of residents’ interests and needs and assists residents to maximize their independence and participation. Works on a one-on-one basis with residents with dementia as a “Best Friend” providing direct resident care and assist in residents’ activities of daily living and scheduled Memory Support Program activities. Utilizes a positive, can-do attitude. Duties and assignments may be adjusted at the discretion of the Memory Support Director. Provides effective customer service skills meeting the standards and culture expectations of the ABHOW Advantage program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Presents and maintains a positive customer service focus when interacting with residents, Vendors, visitors, vendors and team members;
- Engages in the “treatment” philosophy of the Grove as written in the “Best Friends Approach to Alzheimer’s Care” defined as loving care, involvement in activity programming and one-on-one engagement, establishing relationships, knowing and using resident life stories, effective communication and a positive, can-do attitude toward challenging behaviors.
- Actively engages residents in participation in daily activities which are part of resident’s rhythm of daily life.
- Uses staff and resident Life Stories as a tool when providing care, communicating with residents and their families, cueing, participating in activities and when dealing with challenging resident behaviors;
- Participates with residents in formal and informal activities, including kind words, a smile, or a compliment to help the residents feel safe, secure, and valued;
- Treats residents with dementia as adults, with dignity and respect;
- Supports resident participation in all activities related to food and meal preferences and maintains relationships with dietary staff. Encourages participation of residents in preparing food, setting tables, serving meals, eating, clearing tables and straighten dining room after meals;
- Encourages participation of residents in straightening rooms, bed making and cleaning activities consistent with residents’ past life routines. Cooperates with housekeeping staff and provides assistance with upkeep of Memory Support Program Common Areas and resident rooms;
- Communicates with resident family members in a respectful and caring manner and provides accurate information regarding residents’ rhythm of daily life;
- Participates with residents as they complete specific tasks related to personal hygiene, bathing, dressing, assisting in ambulating, grooming, and responding to emotional needs, giving the residents as much say in their care as possible;
- Accurately reports unusual symptoms and problems of residents to supervisor;
- Monitors the emergency call system for emergency calls and responds appropriately;
- Documents on resident care plans;
- Assists with emergencies and with safety instruction for residents such as fire drills, etc.;
- Answers telephones and assists visitors;
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer for input of resident information;
- Conducts work tasks safely and in compliance with the safety program;
- Provides effective and courteous service to all residents, family members, guests and co-workers; is clear in communication and handles conflict appropriately;
- Attends and actively participates in in-service training workshops and meetings as scheduled; incorporates training received into daily work;
- Promotes and protects the rights of each resident;
- Performs other related work as required.*
Customer Service/Quality Care
- Display behavior that produces good customer service to all people with whom interactions occur.
- Build productive relationships with colleagues and residents.
- Engage in conversation to understand the conditions of satisfaction of job duties:
- Identify shared understanding of desired outcomes;
- Initiate regular conversation to ensure outcomes are met.
- Keep current knowledge and required certifications for quality care and services mandated by federal and state law, and other regulating agencies.
Teamwork and Communication
- Participate in team activities, meetings and practices.
- Actively build productive relationships with others.
- Practice “conversations for action” to understand and meet internal and external customer conditions of satisfaction This includes but is not limited to:
- Identifying key customers and department interdependencies and setting up regular conversations that build strong partnerships and actions toward a shared outcome.
- Conducting regular meetings with staff, colleagues and customers that address actions, concerns, possibilities, and planning.
- Display ability and willingness to contribute to team by communicating effectively and consistently; follows team rules and procedures; participates in team decision making and problem solving; and offers new ideas and suggestions to maximize team performance; take part in team and company meetings.*
General and Organizational
- Display behavior that supports the ABHOW mission, vision, values, and policies.
- Consistently perform position responsibilities in a professional and ethical manner.
- Pursue job-related professional development.
- Monitor own work performance and adjust; seek help as needed to fulfill job duties.
- Understand and enthusiastically adhere to company, community and department programs, policies and procedures.
- Understand and adhere to federal and state laws governing employee and resident rights.
- Protect confidential information of employees, residents and vendors.
- Conduct work tasks safely and according to the facility safety program.
- Show eagerness and flexibility completing other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School diploma or equivalent, vocational/technical training specific to care of elderly with dementia
Prefer 1 year experience working with elderly requiring memory support, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities. Must be proficient in the use of a computer for input of resident information;
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
CPR and First Aid certification required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The policies, procedures, methods and practices the facility including those of the Memory Support Program, including the “Best Friends Approach to Alzheimer’s Care”;
- The infectious disease control policies;
- Personal hygiene and cleaning procedures and the use of cleaning materials;
- Record keeping duties regarding residents that must be performed.
- Integrity – honest and ethical.
- Cooperative – pleasant with others, good-natured, and cooperative.
- Dependable – reliable and responsible, fulfilling duties.
- Attention to Detail – careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Concern for Others – sensitive to other’s needs and feelings; helpful and understanding.
- Adaptable/Flexible – open to change (positive or negative) and to variety in the workplace.
- Stress Tolerance – accepts criticism and deals calmly and effectively with stress situations.
- Independent – develops own way of doing; guides self with little or no supervision; depends on self to complete tasks.
- Initiative – willingness to take on challenges and responsibility.
- Leadership – willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Achievement/Effort – establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Analytical thinking – analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
Judgment and Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to apply principles of rational systems.
- Ability to use judgment and respond calmly in stressful situations.
Language Ability and Interpersonal Communication:
- Ability to understand and correctly use various information resources and documents including daily resident charts, bath and laundry charts, and other reports and records;
- Ability to prepare correspondence, resident records, incident reports, daily reports, and other job related documents, using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- Ability to explain ideas, in writing and orally, so others easily understand.
- Ability to communicate effectively and hospitably, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to recognize when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Ability to interact with residents as a “Best Friend,” utilizing humor, friendship, kind words, compliments, and understanding to help residents feel safe, secure, and valued;
- Ability to utilize a positive, can-do attitude;
- Ability to learn and use residents’ life stories, including likes and dislikes, traditions, values, and biography;
- Ability to record and deliver information, to explain procedures, maintain confidentiality of restricted information, and to follow instructions;
- Ability to understand medical terminology and language.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and families, supervisors, coworkers, students, staff, employees in the food services and housekeeping departments and the general public verbally and in writing.
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent
As one of the leading company in Las Vegas, NV, Las Ventanas opens a variety of opportunities for employees to grow and make them as future leaders of the professional and disciplined. Las Ventanas also offers a dynamic work environment in order to encourage employees to contribute optimally, and at the same time is able to learn new skills and knowledge through the company program.
The above information may have been invalid or not applicable. First check to the company concerned about the information above before applying. Never give money for any reason related to the job. If you find a job that was allegedly a fraud, immediately report the above information via this link. We are not responsible for all the information on this website. All information is automatically displayed from Indeed.com.
If you are interested and qualified to follow the job recruitment, you have to prepare yourself and send your application letter immediately. Only candidates who meet the criteria for Resident Assistant/Best Friend in Las Vegas, NV, Las Vegas, NV who will be called to attend interview. If you still do not satisfy with our job recruitment information above, you can try to read other job recruitment information that we provide in our website which still located in Las Vegas, NV region from any other company. You can also try to find other job recruitment information for Resident Assistant/Best Friend di Las Vegas, NV below.